Monday, August 11, 2008

Really Cool Encounter

A couple night's ago I went over to a neighbor's house to hang out. I just met her a few days ago, and she had also invited two other ladies over from our street who I had never met. They asked me about myself...saying that it was obvious I didn't have kids since my haired looked brushed and I had jewelry on! So I told them we were looking into adopting. I felt comfortable with this because the other two ladies I hadn't met had tried to get pregnant for 10 years before being surprised with a child. One of the ladies had had 4 miscarriages and was looking into adoption, was chosen, and at the same time found out she was pregnant for the 5th time! This time she delivered and she now has a boy and girl who are about 6 months apart! It was so encouraging to hear their stories. And once I told them we were adopting, that's all we talked about for awhile. Anyway, this lady did a private adoption. She's a nurse and sent out letters to all of the physicians she knew saying they were interested in adopting if anyone knew of any unwanted pregnancies. It was truly a miracle, because very soon after sending out the letter, a pregnant lady came in. She was 8 months pregnant and this was the first time she'd been to the doctor and she came looking to get an abortion! So the doctor's recommended that she give her baby to my new friend and her husband and the lady agreed!!! The pregnant women was...and probably still is...addicted to meth and alcohol and threatened numerous times that she was going to stab the baby if they didn't get it out of her soon, etc. Apparently it was pretty dramatic. So my friend and her husband truly "saved" this child. Really cool story.

What's really cool is she said someone had just asked her recently if she was interested in adopting again because a girl had come in with an unwanted pregnancy. They don't want anymore right now, but I told her to refer anyone to me and she definitely said she would! She also is going to give me her home study and attorney people that they worked with and really liked. So it was a really cool night and I think orchestrated by God for whatever reason. I mean what are the chances! We have only met one other couple who is going through adoption at our church and we've met very few people who have actually adopted! So it was really encouraging.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Sarah~ got your email- you now have a loyal blog reader! I love my blog- it's a great outlet. Keep them coming - I'll be waiting!

Kara said...

Sarah - Loved your blog. Read every one of your posts. I loved hearing about your night with those women. How awesome that God orchestrated that for you and gave you an outlet to share and relate with these other women. I am so glad you had an encouraging time with them because I know how important that is when you are in the wait!

Well, you are officially pregnant now, we will just have to wait and see how long your labor is!!

P.S. I sent your magazine out to you today.

Linden said...

Wow, that is an amazing story. Thank God someone responsible was ready to adopt that child. How sad.

And how wonderful that God brought these women into your life right now!

Miriam said...

Hey lady! What a cool encounter with your neighbors...God is so amazing with his perfect timing on those thing. We are very excited for you and I'm already loving that you have a blog so I can keep tabs on you guys.

Diana K. Nelson said...

Sarah - I love reading friends' blogs. I'm so excited to see how you fair on the Maker's Diet. I didn't even attempt it b/c it looked so intense! You've inspired me to reread the book, though, just as soon as I get it back from my mom.

I'm sure you've read everything there is to know about fertility, but I have a book called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" that really helped me learn about all that stuff. I can't believe I was 26 years old before I knew how my body worked! Anyway, you are more than welcome to borrow it.