Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Maker's Diet Day 3

Today went much better than yesterday and I haven't felt weird at all! I actually started to feel better yesterday after blogging and enjoyed a hearty evening snack. Organic strawberries are so scrumptious!

This morning I woke up early to walk. I took the dogs with me. They were so happy to be out in the morning. I love being out in the fresh early air before the world starts waking up. It just feels innocent and pure.

Then I made the vegetable frittata that I skipped yesterday. I made it with my new iron skillet and it was REALLY good! I have lots of leftovers too. After breakfast, I decided to get a head start on my other meals for the day so I wouldn't have an episode like yesterday. I cooked the meat for my lunch: Oriental Red Meat Salad, and put it in a fragrant marinade. Then I toasted the sesame seeds and pecans, the first for lunch, the second for dinner. I also cleaned up the kitchen. I think I've ran the dishwasher and used up all my knives every day so far!

I went out to run a few errands and took some peanuts with me, but I also timed it so that I would be back in time for lunch. Jay will really appreciate this! I ran into the store, looked at exactly what I was there for, and refused to digress knowing digression would push my lunch time back. This is definitely the way to keep from spending too much money!

The Oriental Red Meat Salad was really delicious. The marinade flavored the meat until it was juicy. This topped red peppers and lightly steamed bean sprouts and snow peas. I really enjoyed it and remained full until dinner time. I also drank a ridiculous amount of water today. After lunch, a box came with some of the supplements I had ordered for this diet.

Before dinner I drank a mixture of water and a fiber substance. It wasn't too bad, but by the end of it I was kind of gagging. Too much water perhaps. I also bought these capsules of super food (see the Maker's Diet website for more details) that I thought would dissolve in the water, but they didn't. So I just took them like a pill. Then for dinner I made the Wild Alaskan Salmon with Pecan Pesto I was supposed to make yesterday. It was so yummy, I actually can't wait to eat my leftovers tomorrow! The only negative thing was I rubbed my eye after cutting jalapenos. Note to self: do not rub eyes after cutting jalapenos! That was slightly painful!

I also ordered the clenzology system recommended by the Maker's Diet and some cod liver oil which I took after dinner. I was expecting a nasty taste, but it's flavored with lemon and peppermint essence. So it wasn't too bad. I'm actually still really full. So I may skip my evening snack. Although...tomorrow involves a partial fast. I've never fasted in my entire life...at least not full meals. I always figured I had an excuse because of my low blood sugar. I didn't think the Lord would want me to pass out in the name of fasting. However, I'm going to try it tomorrow. I'm supposed to take my supplements still...like the fiber and super food...but no breakfast or lunch. Rubin recommends praying whenever hunger strikes during the fast. I guess this is when "praying without ceasing" takes on a new meaning!

Buenos noches, mi amigos.

PS Again, most recipes are from the cookbook Nourishing Traditions. So if you're looking to eat healthy without the strict "diet plan," maybe you can check that out.

3 comments:

evie said...

Oh my gosh...I'm worn out just reading about your new diet! I wish I had your motivation.

I'm so glad you started a blog...why is Jay so opposed? Seems like he'd be fighting for an outlet to express himself. He's generally the one with more than enough opinions to share :) Love ya Jay!

Amber said...

Enjoying hearing about your life!

Miriam said...

How did your fasting go? I don't think I've ever fasted on purpose!