Well, Jay and I have made a valiant effort to keep this diet going despite our busy schedules. Jay has become very excited about eating healthy and having fruit for dessert. So that's encouraging. But with school starting this week and orientation activities last week, I've definitely not been cooking as much! It's been sad to see this decline as I was very happy cooking the amount I was before and having a variety of meals every day. Oh well! Life happens!
However, we are doing our best under the circumstances. We have digressed a couple of times, but stayed on track for the most part. I'm hoping that once I get into a groove at school, that I'll be able to get back on track with cooking. Jay also started school this week. He is working on his MBA and has switched to Webster University, which consists of 9 week courses that are more geared towards those already in a career. So his schedule is Tuesday nights at class from 5:30-9:30pm, Wednesdays and Thursdays out of town, Friday come home and head to a soccer game Friday night. Plus whatever his activities are at church. So with his being gone so much, I'm really not sure how he's going to stay on the diet. C'est la vie!
So that's where we're at at the moment. My parents are coming into town this weekend, and though they've been on the diet as well, I fear we will all majorly digress as we often do when we're together. I'm hoping to perhaps make a bit of homemade peanut butter chocolate chip ice cream...my favorite! I have no link for this because it's homemade and used to be a staple on July 4 until everyone went to college. I miss it terribly and maybe that's why I don't really care for July 4 any more. What's the point without the ice cream?!
I'm totally rambling and I'm exhausted from beginning of the school semester activities...so good night, dear friends.
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment