Hello! My name is Sarah and this is my blog: Hammocks and High Tea. Why? Because I love flip flops and Uggs, but I also love the finer things in life. Perhaps I'll blog about this contradiction some day. I love to write and still dream of being a famous writer. I believe music and love make the world go round, which is why I married a rock star who now wears a tie...but he'll always be a rock star to me. I have the most beautiful baby girl and I love being a mom, but I also love my hobbies and am always trying to turn them into businesses: sewing, reading, watching movies, decorating, creating...things, and just loving life. At the center of it all is God.
My brother has started a school of worship where he lives. So they rented a house to use for lessons. It's so perfect for what they need and the school is already booked up with several teachers. I'm so excited about what he's doing. I wish I had had music lessons when I was young like those being giving at Nate's school. I might have stuck with piano a little better! Anyway, his birthday was also last week. So I decided to create a little wall art for the school. The decor is very modern and bright. Sort of like retro mod. It's really cool and fun. So I tried to stick with the theme. Obviously this piece was created for what will be the drum room. I hope he likes it! If not, I told him he could decorate a closet with it! Reason for this post? I told several people what I was working on and they wanted to see it. So here you go!
5 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I find the provocative use of color and subtle abstract imagery evokes from my inner depths a longing. A longing that I have longed for longingly for a long time.
As I ponder these things on the rain-slick precipice of darkness, there is but one thing that can make me whole.
5 comments:
I find the provocative use of color and subtle abstract imagery evokes from my inner depths a longing. A longing that I have longed for longingly for a long time.
As I ponder these things on the rain-slick precipice of darkness, there is but one thing that can make me whole.
More cowbell...
Great piece though :-)
How did you do that?! It's so cool! I cease to be amazed! Thanks for sharing.
Oh sarah! that's so cool! I was looking at it for awhile because it was so intricate! Are you going to do some art for the baby's room?
um, I need some more postings miss sarah! how is your week going?
Post a Comment