Saturday, August 22, 2009

Card Junkie

So I'm kind of a card junkie. I takes me forever to choose a card for any occasion and I typically have to read a great number of them before choosing. I often even choose more than one...a serious one and a funny one...I've even been known to choose three for one person, one occasion! So today as I was browsing the aisles for a baby shower card, I stumbled upon a section at Walmart called "Saturdays." There was an entire section of cards for moms about moms...and they were pretty funny! Even though they weren't for the particular occasion I needed, I enjoyed reading through many of them and chuckling at the commonality that seems to occur in motherhood. I was sorely tempted to buy several for my fellow mothers, but decided to be thrifty instead and stuck with the one card I had intended to buy. So...since I didn't buy any for you, my friends, you'll have to go to Walmart yourself and check out this section. Sometimes it's nice to browse in a place like Walmart when you just need to get out of the house and give the baby something else to look at besides the play gym! Lula loves going to stores and is mesmerized by all the new sites and sounds. I might be damaging her little brain with information overload, but it's a nice break for me and she seems to enjoy it! So go on a field trip and check out the cards at Walmart. It's totally worth it!

2 comments:

evie said...

i often find myself laughing out loud in the middle of card aisles. cheap entertainment!

Amber said...

Sarah~ I had to laugh at your post because I just watched Kevin James' stand up again and he has a section on how women pick out cards. Sounds just like you! ha! I must admit to being a card lover myself though.