Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Brief Update

I had my final appointment with Dr. Dix today, the perinatologist. I also had another ultrasound. They measured the baby and said she was weighing in at 6 lbs. 10 oz.! So they're predicting that if I go the full three weeks, she'll be about 7 1/2 to 8 1/2 pounds at birth. The lady also said she had a full head of hair and very chubby cheeks! I'd already seen the cheeks, but it's funny to think of her with hair. I had an inch of jet black hair when I was born. So it looks like she's taking after me quite a bit so far. Everything looks good. Dr. Dix is happy with my sugar levels and was encouraging about being near the end. She also confirmed that I would not go past my due date, that she would tell Dr. Stamps, and that he would do what she told him to do!!! So that's that! Jay is hoping (and praying) that she'll come on the 10th so she can be a little Easter bunny...and so I'm in the hospital on Good Friday and over the weekend while he's off. There had to be a rational reason too! And that's about it for now. We'll keep you posted.

Here's a picture of me on my first day of life. Jay said I looked like a sumo wrestler! I only weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz. but I was chubby and had LOTS of hair! And below is a picture of our baby. I've posted it before, but you can compare the two pics.

No comments: