Monday, January 26, 2009

Tea Party!

A lovely group of ladies joined me this past Saturday for a tea/brunch and to help me finish a project in the baby's room. I have a tree in the baby's room...a real tree with real branches...and I've been making leaves with scrapbook paper to put on the empty branches. This was taking a ridiculously long time considering I want the tree to be fairly full so it doesn't look like a Tim Burton tree that will keep my daughter awake at night instead of lulling her to sleep! So we ate ourselves silly, made leaves, and chatted away the hours. I had a wonderful time and I think everyone else did too. It would definitely be fun to do this more often...eat, craft, chat! Love the combination!Yesterday, pastor was discussing "authentic community" and how our congregation was so willing to give of their time to help others completely selflessly. I couldn't help but think of my wonderful friends who were willing to give up their Saturday morning to help me make leaves of all things! Of course, I'm sure the lure of yummy food and always-needed girl time was a key factor! Nevertheless, I'm so grateful for my girlfriends who are true and real and authentic in every way!

For those of you who love food as much as me, the menu included: chocolate cake, scones with cream and jam, blueberry muffins, mini quiches, cream wafers, yogurt parfaits, chocolate-covered strawberries, cucumber sandwiches, cookies, cheese ball and crackers, tea, coffee, and juice.
I only mention this because I didn't take nearly enough pictures, but the guests were: Natosha Willhite, Holly Lenz, Bonnie Otwell, Carrie Jordan, Valerie Bogert, Diana Nelson, Jill Shmidt, Kris Butler, Kay Litchy, Tami Close. Those of you who understandably couldn't make it were missed. It was hard, but we managed to have a good time and eat well anyway!


Anyway, thanks so much for all of your help. I'll be posting pics of the actual tree once it's completed. It may take a while to get all of those leaves up!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hey Sarah~I am still so sad I missed it. (If only to see this baby tree I am so confused about!) I am kicking myself a little now because I don't think Anna had strep - she seems awfully healthy right now to me. I have been told by many veteran parents that amoxicillan (sp?) can indeed work that fast and I really would have felt terrible if I made a pregnant girl sick.. but still... I love food and I love crafts.... and I wished I hadn't missed your party. ):