During a recent "photo shoot" (I use that term very loosely as I have neither a professional grade camera nor professional grade talent!) Lula took her first fall. I've often heard the familiar story of a baby rolling off a bed while a parent was standing "right there" and wondered how someone could so easily let their child roll off of something while watching. Now I know! Thankfully it wasn't such a far fall. She was laying on an ottoman in her room while I turned the camera on, and within a split second she had rolled off and onto the very fluffy fur rug which lays on top of carpet. (Notice that her landing was very plush and her fall not that far! This is how I make myself feel better about the incident.) Despite the plush landing, Lula let out a scream I hadn't heard before. It probably scared her more than anything as there are no bumps or bruises to be seen and she calmed down very quickly. Yes...I still feel bad...but she'll survive and so will I! And so following are the pictures that caused the event as well as some others. Seven weeks today, she is just as wonderful as day one, though definitely showing more personality these days! Her latest development: wonderful little smiles! And she's holding her head up more and more on her own, which seems like the greatest thing in the world. Enough talk...on to the good stuff!










5 comments:
I love her so much! Her outfits are amazing Sarah! So adorable. Seriously. She's really developing a "look". I think she resembles both you and Jay quite closely...she's beautiful. I can't wait to hold her again.
How could I forget to comment on the fall? All those sweet pictures distracted me.
If there was ever a soft spot for a baby to fall, it's right where Lula did. Still a bit scary I'm sure, but sounds like you're handling it well! Noah about split his head open a couple of days ago, and I did not handle it well! Tell you more about that later!
Sarah she is so beautiful. I love all of your furniture coverings. Did you do them or where did you find them? They make her pictures so professional. She is so cute. My fav. outfit was the green one with the baby legs.
Lula is so beautiful! I love seeing her photos, though I'm going to need to see a family photo soon!
Asher fell off our bed for his first fall. I can't exactly remember how old he was. He was only able to roll one direction(back-to-stomach)and only one little half roll, so I laid him on our bed and created a berm of pillows all around him. What did he do? He rolled from stomach to back (for the first time!) over the pillow and completed a few complete rolls to land right on our carpeted floor. He yelled in a way I'd never heard him yell before, but it was just b/c he was scared. He actually calmed down pretty quickly and looked at me like, "So, what's for lunch?"
Ella took a fall off the bed around 7 months. We freaked out and took her to the doctor, who took it all in stride and told us she'd had about 10 patients that week alone who'd fallen off the bed.
Post a Comment