Lula is 4 weeks old today and therefore has had a lot of "firsts" recently. We started receiving mail for her for the first time including her social security card. My comment was, "well, now she's real." Jay thought it was amusing that the social security card made her a real person. Oddly enough, Evie, who was staying with me for the week to help out, made the same comment! It was very strange to see her name on mail. It really did made her seem real for some reason.

Lula also celebrated her first Mother's Day...well, I guess I celebrated MY first Mother's Day because of Lula! We had a lovely evening at Lola's in Nixa with Pat, David, Jay, me, Lula, and my mom. My mom flew in Friday to spend 10 days with us. This is the first Mother's Day I've had with her in years. It is so wonderful to have her here. She's been giving Lula a bottle at her late night feeding which allows me to sleep for 5-6 glorious hours! I'm not sure what I'll do when she leaves! Here is Pat feeding Lula at Lola's. She made it through the whole meal and only started squawking at the end.


Three generations: Mom, me, Lula...Pat, Jay, Lula

Lu was NOT happy about being woken from a peaceful nap to play dress up. After Jay and Mom tortured her for a while changing her into numerous outfits that still don't fit my tiny fairy, Mom and I decided on this fru-fru dress that actually fits her!

Oh what a day! Lula also had her first gusher this week...meaning not spit up, but throw up. I was feeding her on the couch while mom was upstairs working on the computer. Lula took a break and was still laying on her side facing my uncovered body when I heard what sounded like a burp rising up from her tiny belly. But it was MUCH more than that! She projectile vomited three times in a row and literally covered both of us, the boppy, and the couch. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry and was doing both while I yelled for mom to come help. I'm not sure what I would have done if she hadn't been there! She got a wash cloth and we started with Lula. We got her cleaned up and Mom took her while I stripped from the waist up and then stripped the boppy. I then wiped down the couch as best I could (good thing it's slip-covered!) After all of this, I looked up to find that Mollie had stolen Lula's pacifier off the coffee table and was enjoying her new "toy." Still half naked, I ran over to get it from her before she destroyed it. As I approached her with a reprimanding tone, she rolled over on her back with the pacifier still in her mouth just like a baby! It was too hilarious and I held onto her paw while Mom searched for the camera. Remember I'm still half naked, it's broad daylight and the blinds are all open! But we had to get the picture! Modesty? What's that? It was quite a morning!

Laid back Lu:



Lula also had her first "real" bath this week since her cord finally fell off last week. I was thrilled to use my "Euro Tub" and Lula seemed to love it too. She was so relaxed in fact that she proceeded to poop in her tub after we had completely cleaned her! After we got her out and completely cleaned from her own filth, I laid her down to put her diaper on and she decided to pee! So much for a clean baby!

4 comments:
These pictures are great! I do have to say, however, that that bathwater looks disgusting! Her fru-fru little dress looks so cute on her! Love to you both! (Good post!)
Also meant to say that the pic of Jay and Lu and the one of Mollie with the pacifier are PRICELESS!!!
She's so precious- enjoying your blog!
oh my goodness. I can't believe that mollie actually used the paci. Priceless. Can I say how cute lula looks in her polka dot dress. YOu look pretty too!
Post a Comment