This was our project for yesterday...one that's been in the making for several years! I bought a few of these lanterns years ago and have been carrying them around ever since waiting for the perfect place to hang them. We finally found it! I painted a gold box on the wall above our new dresser (see previous blog). Then Jay took a leftover piece of wood from the bench/dresser, screwed it to the wall, inserted dowels, and hung the lanterns. I wanted it to have a bazaar feel and that's exactly the way it turned out. Initially I wanted to hang them over the bed, but Jay was afraid of dying in the middle of the night, a legitimate concern! But I'm very happy that we chose this spot instead. Eventually, when the room is completely finished, I'll take pictures all the way around with a real camera. These pics were taken with an iphone, so not that great.Anyway, I hope all of you have a very Merry (and relaxing) Christmas! See you in the new year!

2 comments:
That is very very beautiful- love the idea. You (and Jay) are so talented!
Wow...that looks amazing! Can't wait to see it in person. Love you!
Post a Comment